Multi Engine Land Rating


  • Have at least a Private Pilot single engine land certificate.
  • Obtain an FAA Third Class Medical Certificate
  • Be able to speak, read, write and understand the English Language.
  • Be a U.S. citizen or apply through AFSP for foreign pilots.
  • Pass the required practical test with an FAA Designated Examiner

Multi Engine Land Rating:

  • Under FAR Part 61, there is no minimum hour requirement for training.
  • There is no application process to fly with our flight school. We will set you up with an instructor that fits your schedule, and you can begin training right away.

Overview & Privileges:

A Multi Engine Land rating qualifies you to fly aircraft having more than one engine weighing less than 12,500 pounds and that do not have jet engines.  If you have a commercial certificate, you can be compensated to fly Multi Engine aircraft.

If you have aspirations of becoming a professional pilot, obtaining a Multi Engine land rating is a necessary step.  Vermont Flight Academy operates a Piper Aztec for all Multi Engine land training.