Tail Wheel Endorsement
- Possess any fixed wing certificate
- Be able to speak, read, write and understand the English Language.
- No required minimum amount of training.
- There is no application process to fly with our flight school. We will set you up with an instructor that fits your schedule, and you can begin training right away.
- Your training will focus on taxiing, takeoffs and landings in a tailwheel airplane.
- Upon completion of training, your authorized instructor will endorse your logbook.
The amount of training required to obtain the endorsement can vary greatly from person to person. Generally most people get there endorsement after 7 to 10 hours of training.
With a tailwheel endorsement, you are qualified to fly airplanes that have conventional landing gear versus tricycle type gear.
There is no expiration date or currency requirement associated with a tailwheel endorsement. However, in order to fly passengers, you must have made at least 3 takeoff and landings to a full stop within the preceding 90 days.
Your training will involve dual instruction with an authorized flight instructor. Training will focus on taxiing, takeoffs, and landings. There are several grass landing strips in the surrounding area that are great for tailwheel training.
Vermont Flight Academy uses a Bellanca Citabria 7KCAB for all tailwheel training.