Vermont Flight Academy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit flight school located in South Burlington Vermont providing part 61 and 141 flight training to both the Vermont Technical College Professional Pilot Technology Program and walk-in clientele.
Our fleet consists of Cessna 152 and172s, Piper Cherokee and Arrow, Tecnam P92 Echo, P2004 Bravo, and P2006T, and Bellanca Citabria. Avionics in our fleet vary from traditional six pack to G500TXI with GFC 500 autopilots, G1000NXI, and everything in between. In addition, VFA maintains three flight simulators, a PFC CR12, Redbird FMX and TD.
Vermont Flight Academy prides itself on providing the safest, highest quality flight training through enthusiastic, personable, and devoted CFIs who range in experience from retired military, airline, and FAA employees to current corporate and charter pilots, newly certificated Flight instructors, and flight instructors on career instruction paths.
We teach private to CFII ASEL and AMEL, tailwheel, spin training, and basic aerobatic flight. Vermont Flight Academy blends the feel of a local flight school where everyone knows each other with the professionalism of an airline career track 141 college program.
About this Role:
Vermont Flight Academy seeks qualified Certificated Flight Instructors (CFIs) to provide flight and ground instruction in accordance with Part 61 and 141, FAA regulations, and Vermont Flight Academy policies and procedures. CFIs will schedule students, maintain records, and ensure that course standards, training requirements, and objectives are met by each student in each flight course.
- Perform flight instructor duties as authorized by the Federal Aviation Regulations and in accordance with the appropriate part 61 or 141 course.
- Ensure the highest standards of safety are upheld at all times.
- Ensure that course standards, training requirements, and objectives are met by all assigned students.
- Accurately and timely maintain all appropriate records pertaining to a student’s training record.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and professional looking work environment both inside airplanes and the Vermont Flight Academy Premises.
- Attend CFI Meetings on a weekly basis.
- Provide excellent customer service to include meeting with and providing tours to potential new customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum: High school diploma with applicable work experience
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in applicable field
- FAA Certificated Flight Instructor (CFI) Airplane Single Engine
- Preferred: Instrument Instructor (CFII)
- Preferred: Additional aircraft ratings (Ex. Airplane Multi-Engine Instructor)
- Minimum: FAA BasicMed
- Preferred: 2nd Class Medical Certificate
Competitive hourly pay
- Company Matched 401K
- Reduced rate rental for our fleet
- Reduced rate for instruction received
- Discount on all items sold in our pilot shop
- Company events